What are the grippiest wheels?

Does a lower duro necessarily mean more grip?
Not taking speed into account, what are the grippiest wheeles available in a 52-54mm? ATF's?
I currently ride Bones Soft Core 80a 56mm in asphalt parks with painted metal and masonite ramps and obstacles. I still feel like I need more grip.
Is too much wheel grip dangerous on reentry when grinding metal coping? I'm not there yet but I am progressing fast. I guess I'm used to the grippyness of 1980's wheels.
Are Soft Core wheels just for filming on level street?

Comments

• try the street techs and all skate one wheels are multi-purpose wheels but they work best on the situations they are made for such as street tech is good for street skating and ditch tech is good for ditches etc etc and i think grip doesnt matter when ur on the coping but when u re-enter from reverts and stuff that is when grip matters but u dont want too much grip on reverts cause then u wont be able to slide out u will just stick hope that helps!
  • Does a lower duro necessarily mean more grip?

in some cases yes. the Mini-Cubic wheels have a larger surface area which would mean more grip. our STF and SPF wheels are extremely hard but can still retain grip.

Not taking speed into account, what are the grippiest wheeles available in a 52-54mm? ATF's?

the Soft Core wheels would be the grippiest in that size category.

Is too much wheel grip dangerous on reentry when grinding metal coping?

not necessarily. you can still slide a grippy wheel, it will just take a little time to get used to it.

Are Soft Core wheels just for filming on level street?

they can be used for that yes but they can also be used for riding rough terrain. just dont do too many powers lides or you will stress the hub and risk blowing out your wheel
This discussion has been closed.