Cockroach Wheels

Comments

• edited May 2016
    yea probably
  • Out of curiosity, who is your go to woodshop for reissue's?
  • i didnt skate til around 96 im pretty much the only new school skater on here i dont skate old school boards
  • 10-4... your loss I guess. jk Thanks for the help!
  • I don't rate Select at all, too much twist on my Hosoi 'wings', a 9" board. Alva reissues use Watson's wood, which I rate highly!
  • Thanks for the tip, Wake
  • edited May 2016
    no prob my local shop used select wood years and years and years ago and it was really nice but occasionally a bad board slips in but dont forget when boards have to be shipped overseas u will be lucky if it is in good condition when it gets there
  • edited May 2016
    I have bought a ton of reissues from Select Distribution (vision, Hosoi, Schmitt Stix, etc...) and their wood is solid. The OG flat decks have some flex since they are flat, but the modern concave decks are solid and fun. I have a Joe Lopes Crystal Ball and a Vision Jinx both modern concave and tough. I also have a Vision Gonz and Vision Lee Ralph, both are OG flat and solid too.
  • They are wider boards SK8ER, and yeah, the Hosoi is flat over the tail which I believe contributes to flex. I don't always agree about that shipping call bb, as I have received stuff from the USA in less than a week as you know. And that Chinese wood minilogo that I got feels stiffer than the Hosoi, but again the Hosoi is flat tailed, and narrow at the back truck... I have been tempted to buy a Ralph a number of times, but will save my cents for the Claw and Iron Gate!
  • @SK8ER, I'm cool with a little flex but compared to the BB reissues the OG gator is just too soft now that I've got my sea legs back. I'm gonna give one of the concaves a try. I do have the BB Ripper reissue with modern concave and I love it! Nice and wide!!
  • Yeh I'm in the same Bonely. I'm riding the shit out of these reissues l, as like you, I only got to dream about owning some of these boards.
  • edited May 2016
    If any of you guys are interested in a Vision Lee Ralph Contortionist pacwave has one for $39.

www.pacwave.com
  • edited May 2016
    Dimensions on that PacWave site suggest that it is the classic concave and not modern.

I have the Modern Lopes BBQ and the concave is great.

As far as it holding up - I have skated it in bowls a few times, but it's currently my commuter board with soft wheels. I'm not exactly taxing it.
  • edited May 2016
    My collection
  • Oooohhhhh, you gonna drive there cock roach lovers crazy with that photo.
  • Gimme!
  • Bugger! That would even give 'He who will not be named' a woody! :o
  • Got a set of good condition cockroach wheels I'm thinking of selling. Is eBay the best place?
  • No. Just send them to me.
  • I think eBay is the go @wontonanimalchin they where obviously my wheels that just sold for $417au, I put a minimum $250 just incase and ended up pretty happy with the price but still can't believe I let go of them.
    Each to there own when it comes to buying Old School, I can see peoples point thinking its crazy but I get a buzz out of owning gear in new condition from when I was a young bloke. We couldn't afford most of it back then so spent a fair bit of time drooling on wheel cabinet/counter glass whilst staring up at the deck wall in Vidlers Fremantle. The old decks are works of art, they're an iconic part of the skate evolution and I think most are worth the dollars they're fetching.
  • Not all I have either, I have a heap on riders. I have also got 2 hoodies, a cap, a tshirt and pair of long pants that has flaps that velcro up at the front, a lot like Chef pants. Plus a stack of stickers and plastics.
  • Oh and the wheels in the original post are American owned era, they don't have the word Australia on the ones that were made then.
  • Thanks for the heads up. If any more of the 'american' ones become available at a great price I'll snaffle them up because they are excellent to skate
  • The cockroach brand ended up getting shelved by the current owner and won't be getting released.