What deck is Per riding in Future Primitive?

2»

Comments

• Random reissue facts...

SkateOne reissued a no-bump grey Welly right after Per approved them to start reissuing. One of my favorites, just because it's pretty hard to find.

And the first one they reissued was blue with bumps, but also had a kick-nose.
  • A kick nose welly- that sounds cool. Did PP make those back in the day? I don't think I've ever seen one.
  • 1986 was the best year in skateboarding....best shapes, best graphics....the pros at that time were all cool
  • I just read that Per interview, which was cool. I was looking at that pic of the welly collection. The red and green decks without runes on the front right look like stains.
  • I don't think the a kick-nose Wellinder was made in the 80's. The reissue is functional though, it works - sort of like the Vision reissues/reinterpretations.
  • Kind of like the reissue Mech Dragon. Nice!
  • If I had to pick, I'd say 1985-1991 were the best years of skateboarding.
  • I was just thinking about that guy who quit skateboarding in 83 and how much of a dork he is. I can understand quitting during the dark piggy ages but he should of hopped back onto a shaped board in '85 when skateboarding got really good.
  • edited August 2017
    Yeah, @McShredorDie - those were pretty cool years (I'd limit it to 1986-90). Decks were too plain in the years just before that, and just after. Everything changed SO FAST, and everything just got pretty whack in the early 90's.
    That said, I still have to agree with Lance's non-answer that right now is the best time in skateboarding. Skateparks everywhere, reissue and hybrid decks/wheels, and Grosso's Loveletters.
    Skateboarding is whatever you make it.
  • I'm glad that when I go to the skateshop nowadays they've got a big selection of 80's shit. While the "current" stuff going on sucks pretty bad, what's available is cool.
  • @VatoRat - Where did you get those spec sheets on the Welinder decks and the product layout pictures from that post way back in this thread?
  • @mvk20 - I just found them online in a Google Image search. I WISH I had copies of all of them. Some were printed in the Bones Brigade Intelligence Reports, but I also have heard that dealers were sent a binder full of all of them. That said, does anyone know if a scanned set is somewhere online?
  • Yeah, a complete set of those from the 80s would be just awesome.