Skateboard vs. Longboard

Comments

• >Wake how about those Antifa terrorist what’s your take on those pos

It's always ok to punch Nazis.
  • I agree Antifa are the new breed of Nazis terrorist
  • edited December 2019
    They aren’t new! Read....Learn.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antifa_(United_States)
  • edited December 2019
    nope been around for a long time just a new incarnation of it kind of like the skinheads and nazis of the 90s and punk revival of the 90s and the current gen of fake feminists
  • >I agree Antifa are the new breed of Nazis terrorist

Antifa are anti Nazi. That's what they are entirely built on. That's how they started. That's what they still profess.
  • but that isnt how they act
  • edited December 2019
    The violent groups are like the ancient golem....fashioned from clay, and the “master” puts a written scroll message in it’s mouth and the monster then does his bidding, but there is always a price as it always goes out of control. Ideally the best way to fight fascists and Nazi bastards is through education and knowledge, but this can be hard for some when their own are hurt and killed. I dislike the a-holes that fight physical battles for others when they aren’t even asked for their help!
  • it seemed like there was always a huge distinction between the groups when I was a kid in the 80s; skaters, surfers, bikers, druggies, etc.

i remember a few pretty violent brawls between groups of skaters & surfers for no reason whatsoever other than a particular t-shirt one may be wearing or even for just passing by each other on the sidewalk.
    a bit later in the early 90s I remember fights even being common at the local parks between street skaters & vert skaters. usually stemming from some dumb-ass argument about, "that's not skating. this is skating!"

but we were all the same kids from the same neighborhoods who often hung out together at the same ramps, the same beaches, the same parties, the same shows, and often smoked & drank together with no issues.
    I don't think it matters what the situation may be, humans are always going to find something stupid to hold against each other for what usually seems like nothing more than to show ignorance.

by the later 90s when most of us were older teenagers/young adults all of that had completely washed away. if you were still skating and/or surfing by then, most around here just considered you something to respect.

sucks to hear nowadays people still feel the need to persecute someone, especially if only for the style of board they may be riding.
    I can definitely say I see a lot more people riding those long boards now than I do any other types. though it usually seems more like a mode of transportation than for any real hobby involving tricks.
  • yea i see the hate on facebook all the time and i always tell ppl man i grew up in a different era (mid 90s) and skateboarding was skateboarding didnt matter if ur board was short or long or what u skated rather it was street or vert etc as long as u were skating it didnt matter but ppl these days are insanely stupid but i try to instill it to my peeps on fb that it doesnt matter if ppl are longboarding it is still skating regardless so be stoked
  • ...And now Powell Peralta makes Longboard products. Damn good ones too.
  • they have been making longboards since the 90s
  • Have they? I mean, cruisers and fun shapes I've seen a few but...
    I wanted to speak praise to the addition of some solid downhill and freeride products.
    The Kevin Reimer stuff and the recent line of dh and slide wheels...

• edited September 2020
    yea cause i got one it was just never a brand until about 03 when they specifically made a longboard brand and these are from the mid 90s

• Wow! I totally forgot about these dinosaurs. :smiley:
    I've only ever seen the No Ka Oi deck in the wild *once*
  • lol yea they made a reissue of it in the early 2000s
  • I had a good friend who took up long boarding out of the army. He was a good kid but it made no sense to me. "I just stayed on my board for like a mile!" he told me one day, all excited. I didn't know what to say.
  • @jamesbond86
    i doubt any actual skater is ignorant enough to not understand the difference between "traditional skateboard" & "long skateboard". the distinction is kind of blatant in the name.

RobertoGlenn81 & jamesbond86:
    both of these members just seem to be butting into the conversation to link 3rd party companies here with no actual input. there should be a spam report feature in these forums.
  • edited November 2020
    Yeah, these guys are spammers!
  • @hoverboardlover924
    another spamming a 3rd party site...read the statement(s) just above.
  • Both skateboards and longboards are great for the skateboarding experience. Skateboarding or longboarding is a fun and exciting sport to do. Whatever board you choose, you will indeed have a good time. :)
  • There's trick boards, cruiser boards which can include longboards and longboarding that is more serious that includes bombing hills and crazy fast sides with palm protection etc. I like trick sharing on"normal" popsicle decks, old school shape cruiser boards that you can do some tricks on but aren't as versatile for flips. And I liked just cruising which for me is any board with soft wheels that go fast. I also like putting slightly bigger softer wheels on regular boards for some tricks and cruising. It's all fun. I don't get the animosity but I don't personally have any boards you can't at least Ollie with. Just put classic fat 55mm soft wheels on a regular board and you can do a lot of trucks but cruise over pebbles and Ollie up a curb and itll go fast.
  • And yea. Antifa are are totally the fascist street force of the politicians taking over the country By dividing us. Biden isnt making decisions. There are unelected extremely powerful autocrats that have taken over behind the scenes. That's why lots of rich people are moving away. It's going to get ugly in the US.
  • @KarLo88 ,
    what in the hell does that political bs have to do with skateboards?