Lets see you shredding

Comments

• @VatoRat I Am In Virginia Beach. But That is not too far off a weekend-ish trip for me. But it just comes down to time. I would try to time it out with a show or something to make that 9-10 hour drive worth it. That is a park I would like to check out.

@SkaterRick sorry to hear about your wife being down and out for a bit. I know how it goes with having to do double duty with the family.
  • edited August 2019

• Yeah, @WakeInFright - stoked to see you getting your young ones on it!
    @myren - VA Beach? Mt. Trashmore! I had the opportunity to skate that like 10 years ago. And yeah man, definitely come down to Atlanta - we can link up with @SkaterRick and try to find Chin!
  • @VatoRat will try and get there in the fall sometime, cause as you know summer is crazy hot. And yea Trashmore has changed park layouts two times in the last ten years. The only thing that is the same is the vert ramp.
  • How’d you guys get video on here..?
  • just post the link
  • Hmm... won’t let me in my phone
  • There we go... hadn’t skated the mini in months (been on a curb kick all summer). Wife snuck in some filming... has I known I’d of tried to act more like I know what I’m doing :P
  • Rad as @ppk187 ! Have you lost some weight?
  • Thanks Wake. Yeah, a couple years ago I cleaned up my diet, cut down on the beer, and started exercising more.
  • Good on you @ppk187 . I have had a small break from the gym because of the flu, but I also need to reduce beer intake! I have cleaned up my diet too, and I feel a lot better....less fatigued! More fruit and veg and good proteins. Minimised processed meats and bad carbs.
  • @ppk187 , nice shred! You are basically doing everything I am *trying* to do, so I appreciate the mini-tutorial. Can you share the dimensions of that ramp? I think I am going to try building one in my garage.

Now I’ll pay my dues here with my own video. Been at it about 3 months now (although I had ~5 weeks off with lower-back injury due to first attempts at rock fakie). Honestly, I go to the park thinking it’s my McTwist day (wink) and then I do the old-man-shuffle with hand-on-back away from my first rock-fakie attempts.

Actually screwed my back over again yesterday trying to learn how to roll in over the coping instead of always dropping in. Bailed hard a few times and still have a lot of work to do. Enough of that...Now this....

• @dofrenzy thanks man! The ramp is 8’ wide and 3’ or so tall. I hear ya on the back pain- my lower has been on fire the past few days. Rolling in is a lot like rolling off a sidewalk- that’s how I learned anyway. The best ones to practice on are where the sidewalk and curb are two different pieces and the sidewalk is sunken a tad lower than the curb so that there is a little lip to bonk the back wheels off of. Rad video- keep rolling!
  • u old men better start those weekly yoga classes
  • Hahaha.. maybe
  • Nice @dofrenzy . Where’s some more vids of you Biebs?
  • @ppk187 Thanks for the curb tip. It makes sense and will have less impact if I bail!

@brigade_bill Yes, I could definitely stretch more. I think I am probably cut out for yoga....I am old and I have no problem being shirtless! LOL. Seriously though, there is a good Yoga class at the local Y that my wife’s been trying to get me to.

@WakeInFright thanks! It’s a bit discouraging at times, but HUGE fun overall.

• @dofrenzy dooo iiiiittttt and @wake non-existant i dont do any filming
  • I think you posted some Ollie’s once Biebs!

@dofrenzy try rocking your rock and rolls a little more. You will find them easier to do. So if you are doing a backside rock and roll go up and turn a little frontside, pause on the coping while you turn your head and shoulders to the direction you want to go back in, then turn the rest of your body and board back in backside. Your body becomes like an elastic band in way....twist and the rest wants to follow!
  • I hope you all understand, I am somewhat obsessed with skateboarding since I started a few months ago, so I try *really* hard to contain myself but occasionally I boil over and need to share my progress and my thoughts. First thought right now is that skateboarding is wicked difficult and I am in awe of you all. Respect.

Regarding progress - I can’t believe how hard it is to “rock” for a rock-fakie. Just popping the front wheels over the coping and back in feels like it should have a different name! Like a popout-fakie. The difference between that and getting the front wheels on the deck and “rocking” the board on the coping, then getting the back wheels back on the ramp....feels like night and day!

But, I am recently unemployed (by choice) and the kids are back in school, so the skatepark is *empty* during the day! Time on the board and on the ramps helped make today a very satisfying day, with a little “rock” in my rock-fakie. @WakeInFright - It felt weird to turn frontside a bit before the backside rock-and-roll, but you are absolutely right, it does feel a bit easier.

• Nice @dofrenzy. It’s harder than it looks isn’t it.
  • Thanks @McRad - Yes, the difficulty bends my mind!