New Product

Comments

• Word bb.

Hey, how about we start a thread with our own ideas for a new graphic, either original or existing altered a la TheFarter, and shape/concave etc. I like seeing threads with artwork!
  • That would be awesome if he could but there had to be a reason why he moved the pop production to China, right?
  • the only logical thing i can think of is money issues because boards in china cost no more than 10 bucks to make and they are about the same in mexico
  • Well, whatever the reason, I'm sure George didn't make it lightly and thought it was what was needed. As crappy as the offshoring idea is, I hope it's good for the company and keeps them going strong because I'm PP all the way.
  • edited September 2016
    Powell Santa Cruz are China vision pocket pistol jk industries street plant block head made in USA
  • yea i want skate one to last forever i just really hope this china shit ends sooner rather than later
  • I have a mate who has started his own brand with Mexican wood being pressed here in Australia??? He claims that it is superior to Canadian Maple, and that the best brands use it???
  • I think it skate one just scaled back they could afford to make everything in the USA. I don't like the China trend...first Mini Logo....now Powell Peralta Pops....what's next? If they can't make it in their Santa Barbara warehouse, then just don't make it.
  • I always read that Canadian maple was the best. So PP still makes their reissues in Santa Barbara. Are their non-reissue shaped decks also made there? And how about the ML wheels and Aera trucks?
  • edited September 2016
    @wake ur friend is an idiot but about 90 percent of the industry is either china or mexico... dwindle dist and nhs uses china and companies such as real,black label use mexican wood i have a whole list of all that stuff and some minilogo wheels are done in china dont know which ones though
  • It's all maple wood, just pressed and cut in either Mexico or China.
  • edited September 2016
    yea just made from shitty trees
  • edited September 2016
    I was confused about his call because I didn't think maple would grow well in Mexico. Parts of China and Canada would have similar climates, but Mexico is close to tropical imo
  • Where is PS Stix from again?
  • ps stix is mexico and yea mexico and china are the worse for climates
  • So is PS Stix Mexican grown wood, pressed in Mexico? Because a lot of people rate them. Or is it Canadian grown, and Mexican pressed? All very confusing....the Canadians surely should press their own wood to save on costs. Are there any Canadian skate companies/wood shops?
  • edited September 2016
    mexican grown wood because mexican made skateboards are really flimsy it really isnt that hard to tell the difference between an american made board,mexican made board and chinese made board and they do got board manufacturers in canada just like all over the world
  • I always thought maple was generally a temperate climate tree, but I don't know anything about types that grow outside of the US and Canada. I think the maple used for decks is mainly sugar maple which grows in Canada and the US, so it doesn't really have to be from Canada. It's a quality hardwood. I would imagine the quality of the wood is essentially dependent on the species. If I'm not mistaken, PP uses North American maple for their China pops, so it's not an inferior hardwood that's from somewhere in Asia.
  • edited September 2016
    https://ministryofwood.com/the-nitty-gritty-materials/ and last time i checked pp uses birch for the chinese stuff could be different these days who knows
  • Bb, you are a wealth of knowledge on wood, and pressing it! ;)
  • because i care <3333333
  • edited September 2016
    What does < and the 3's mean bb?
  • multi hearts lol
  • It means he loves you wake :)
  • Bb always loves it when I compliment him on his fascination and prowess of good wood! ;)