Skate Progression

Comments

• Sounds good wakey. All I get respect from are those 3-5 year old Korean kids hanging out in my spot. (No, I don't live in Korea). I do a low shitty ollie and I get "WWWWHOOOOOOOOOAAAAA". It always feels good. :')

It's kinda tricky to remember to have fun. For me, progressing is fun and it brings a huge smile on my face. I can't even do good ollies consistently yet. So for now it's all learning as much as possible. I can do the shits and giggles later on if I get to go to this place I've always wanted to skate in.

Relearned my pop shuvs today. Ollies still need a hella lot of work while rolling. It's freaking inconsistent man. And tried bs 180s today. I can get the rotation most of the time but I always leave my back foot on the ground. For a few tries I think it was a decent start.

• Turn your head and shoulders first. My backside aren't very high... I just scoop em kinda like I'm doing a disaster
  • I like how in this photo you can see her nipples through the bra! Another great one!
  • edited June 2017
    Got 180 no complys to tailslides today, just the tiniest tailslide but it was great, first new trick past 40! Not that it's a hot shit trick or anything, but I no longer feel like 40 was such a wall (this thru the pain-- knock on wood).
  • Man, I haven't had anytime to skate lately. Need to get up and do it again!
  • Tried some sidewalk skating for the first time after learning ollies. Improved after a few tries but I can't really call it smooth.

Anyway took a picture of myself while I was trying to do a kickflip (timer). Pop was really good flick was shit.
  • https://gfycat.com/ZanyDeadBluewhale

Fuuuuck. Thought she was gonna pop a nollie heel. >_>
  • ^ or drop a deuce.....
  • My progression of the weekend: Dropped in on a 12 foot vert ramp for the first time. Growing up I skated a ton of street and mini. We never had access to vert so I never did it. Since I picked it up again, about the biggest thing I have skated is 10', and that has been the deep end of a pool so I would drop in the 7' section.

We had an event in town here that they built the ramp for - 12' high with 10'3" transitions, 24' wide and 14' of flat - and had it up for the weekend at one of the breweries in town. Nothing like having your first drop in with about 50 spectators.

Now the ramp is being moved back to the builder's house and having 12' added to the width. He's going to have it open for sessions twice a week. One night for everyone and another just for the old guys.

Good times.
  • @BackInAction Good times man!!
  • edited June 2017
    Sounds like a great opportunity.
  • Champion @BackInAction ! That sounds awesome. Dropping in on some twice my height sounds very intimidating to me!
  • Finally after a fucking long time, I got to do some ill shredding today. Scraped my knee up pretty good so I've got some battle wounds to impress the ladies with.
  • Only if you are wearing your vsw undies!
  • Funny that you mention that as I was actually wearing an old pair of Vision shorts when I fell!

There was this girl walking by me and my friends and it was like 1 in the morning so I said to my buddy, "I should talk to her and show off my wound!" I was sitting on my skateboard and sat too far on the tail so when I started to roll towards her (yes, I was still sitting on it) I ended up falling backwards. I get rad when I go out.
  • I did the same fucking thing today on the exact same street with the same Vision shorts. Did the same stupid thing and ripped open the scab. The difference is now I've got a big cut on my hand and road rash going down the side of my shin.
  • Did you get the girl Macca?
  • Nah, not this time! It's like one of those fuckin superhero stories where I'm just a rad dude doing rad shit and the chicks are impressed but they're being difficult about it or whatever.
  • Macca dude...all you have to do now is spin her world around in reverse to go back in time and save her life and you're totally in!
  • I've tried that. Skated around the world, turned back time but nope. Still didn't get the girl. She was clearly impressed by my Vision Street Underwear and radical ollies but it's like how Mary Jane is so difficult with Spider-Man. These women just won't budge.
  • Sounds like you need a little less Clark Kent, and a little more Tony Stark/Bruce Wayne in your repertoire Macca ;)
  • edited July 2017
    Nah, I don't think I'm very Clark Kent at all! I'm probably more-or-less a loudmouthed Spidey type.

• Good thing I bought some gauze and an elastic bandage to cover it up. Too bad it's so fuckin itchy! Can barely sleep at night due to how annoying it is.
  • (chokes on saliva)

Bet she looked like 'Lizzie over there eh?