Faves from your own collection

Comments

• edited July 2015
    haha no worries different strokes for different folks most are from the 90s some are from the 2000s obviously
  • I don't know about boring, but definitely different! It's like comparing Warhol to Rembrandt Kyle
  • edited July 2015
    i found the topic that had photos of my setup but image shack deleted them so if u want me to post up photos of it again let me know but if u did manage to see the photos i posted in 09 then i still have the same setup
  • Mid 90s when boards went blah
  • 1988 when boards went blah.  ;)
  • there u go lol
  • Pigs were like the popsicles of the 70's. Who came out with the original shaped board as a variant to the pig?
  • Good question.
  • Really like that Skull and Sword Bill, not the black light but the one that is enlarged.
  • more paddlepop sticks than the paddlepop lion will ever use himself
  • edited July 2015
    yea that was actually my first powell board and i still got it to this day it came out around 96 it was called the super skull and sword for obvious reasons after i got that board i pretty much decided that would be my icon since it was my favorite graphic and now u know why i associate myself with that graphic so much #historylesson
  • edited July 2015
    @WakeInFright - According to this picture at least, it looks like the Future Primitive Lance Mountain was the first time Powell Peralta made what we are referring to as a "shaped" board.  After the pigs.  Someone else may have done it earlier, though.  Man, I'd like to have one of those Claus Grabke pigs as a reissue to ride...

• Imagine....
  • Ha, ha!!
  • ....the cash you could make flipping the pops to bb and pigs to skully ;-)
  • @JB77 I need a bunch of those, but especially that Yellow Team Street Ripper! 6th row from top, Center. Droolin! My Brother had that deck back in the day and I need it again.

• Just got a new setup today-- 1986 Vision Don Brown with Indys and Bones V-VI Freestyle wheels-- pretty psyched.  I just saw it and said, that looks cool, realized it was my birthday coming up, and got my girlfriend to get it for me.  Now that it's here I have no idea what to do with it.  I've never skated freestyle, and I may be too old to learn.  It's no good for rolling anywhere-- tiny with and rock-hard, tiny wheels.  What do you think I should do, display it or start hacking away at a whole new style?     
  • Your girlfriend should get one too. Then you can move to San Diego and start doing shows at SeaWorld :)
  • edited July 2015
    That's funny, but did you see that documentary about the killer whales at SeaWorld?  I forget what it's called, Black something?  One of them killed a homeless guy who got in its tank, put the guy on its back, and mimiced being ridden by his corpse in circles till the staff arrived the next morning.  I'm staying the hell away from those things.

• edited July 2015
    That picture above is missing a few decks. Pink mountain family for one...on the above question on who had the first shaped board if you believe Hosoi he was one of the first to shape his boards. This Mullen interview is a pretty interesting read though

http://theridechannel.com/features/2015/01/rodney-mullen-interview
  • edited July 2015
    ...and this one - more on the resurgence of different shapes but there's a pic about half way down that has some early shapes

http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2014/02/11/why-is-everyone-riding-odd-shaped-boards-again/
  • well im deifnitely needing this one for my collection image so if anyone gets ahold of it ship it to me lol
  • I know what you're going to use it for bb ;-)
  • yep for my wall